Perspectives and experiences on anything related to the diverse and exciting world of craft beer

Monday, November 15, 2010

Belgian Family Brewers St Bernardus Abt 12


This one was special! I poured it from a bomber into a snifter.

This beer was a dark maroon color with a thick foamy head. It was very bright and inviting.

The beer smelled delicious, I got some sweet grape caramelly smell along with some raisins notes. Very fruity smell followed by a bit of a hoppy alcoholic finish.

The taste was slightly sweet and smooth. I tasted some grapes and raisins along with a touch of alcohol. It had similar wine characteristics with a light fizz. This may have been the best "built" beer I have ever tried. The balance was so precise along with the combination of flavors.

This beer had a light feeling that commanded attention to its complexity.

This beer reminded me of a Resurrection. I could tell that this is one of the finest beers brewed in the world. However, my personal tastes favor hoppier dryer beers. Although I can appreciate that I may never taste a beer brewed this perfectly again, I can't say that it was the best beer that I have ever had. If you get a chance to try this, you would be a fool not to. Its is certainly for a special occasion or a treat to yourself. I certainly will be trying this again in the future.

JMo's Rating: 3+

No comments:

Post a Comment